Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

THE STORY SO FAR

It’s been a month since I became a year older. What can I say? I feel err older? Lol I don’t know how I feel. I did promise to show y’all my birthday cake though, didn’t I? It was specially made for me by a lady at my Church. Here it is; my giant cupcake…


But anyway it is now December and the first part of my masters is nearly over (9 months to go yay!). I have no more classes (haven’t had for the past two weeks); I’ve just been attending group meetings for the pitch presentation I did yesterday. It went surprisingly well (thanks for asking!). I think we impressed the ‘judges’ hehe (well I hope we did!).

I’m pretty sure a lot of people who live in London have heard of Yo-sushi? Of course you have! The ‘Yo’ brand do way more than just sushi, they also have hotels and other things going on. I won't go into a lecture about the Yo brand now. So basically we had to conduct research on Yotel (google it!) and come up with a communications strategy for the opening of their new hotel in London. It was all make believe but taken very seriously, we even got to speak with Jo Berrington, the marketing director at Yotel. It was an amazing experience as she seemed to love the job she was doing, she spoke about it with such passion. I certainly want a job I’ll be able to speak about with love. I’m not entirely sure if this is how it’s said but I often hear people say: “If you have a job you love, you will never work a day in your life”.

Now that the almighty presentation is out of the way, I’ll have to complete my 4500 word essay on the research we conducted for Yotel which is due next week, another 4500 word essay on the strategy which is due in January, a 3500 word essay on Young Consumers and a 4500 word essay on the research methods for my dissertation which are both due next week. I will try not to complain about all this work. I try to work extra hard so I can have an exciting future.

Take a look at this beautiful Audi e-Tron Spyder, my motivation! So anytime you think of quitting school, think of the beautiful things you can get with good money when you graduate and eventually get a well-paid job.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment