Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

Job hunting woes

I think this has to be the most difficult time in a young person’s life. It’s absolutely horrific. It is so stressful having to change your CV for every job you apply to. Some companies asking for impossible things makes me just want to pull out all my hair. The worst part of it all is that there’s usually no time (24 hours in a day is never enough). When you go to classes for 9am to 5pm everyday and all you want to do is sleep and eat but you realise that “oh wait I’ve got to finish my P&G application”.


The sad ones are the ones which read “unfortunately you were not successful at this time”. So when will I be successful??????? :( :( :( Another annoying one was when I got an email saying I lived in Ireland and the job is in the UK, its only two days a week, its unpaid, we need someone asap and you are not available asap. Sad Sad stuff!


So I got an interview for a job I didn’t even apply for. One would think I’d be happy about it. Indeed! I was absolutely freaked out. I started to check all my email accounts for when I applied for this job and I couldn’t find any application evidence. I even checked my LinkedIn but nothing. I asked the people on my Facebook; some said it is a miracle, it’s Jesus, it’s God (I wish), while others said it’s a scam or they found you on LinkedIn. I know I’m absolutely amazing and all but I don’t think I’ll be as attractive as those who bother to pay for LinkedIn premium. I mean I would have loved to have been found by a company who would have said “we will pay you a minimum of £18,000 per annum” or “this is unpaid voluntary work experience”, not necessarily one that will collect nearly £2000 off me to do an internship; I certainly could not afford that! If I could I probably would take the opportunity to go to Beijing, so if anyone wants to sponsor my trip to Beijing don’t hesitate to give me a shout :) :) :)


3 comments:

  1. So this job that found you miraculously wants you to pay £2000 to do an internship? And will you be paid while you are there or its voluntary work? + is it £2000 lump sum or more costs to come in the long run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost of the programme for 3 months is about £1,300 or so. Accomodation costs an extra £500 each month. Its unpaid work experience so basically paying to work you know. And obviously food and transport and everything else would cost me extra. Its a lot that I can't afford right now :(

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! Looking for a job is not an easy task. It gets even more like a feat when you have to adjust your CV to a company's preferences. At any rate, I hope you've been able to land a job by now. It's too sad that a job that sounds to good to be true, is actually to good to be true. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Waylon Grimm @ All Force Labour Solutions

    ReplyDelete